This weekend we kept things a little closer to home and headed to Lunga Reservoir on the Marine Base. They just opened up for boat rentals for the summer. All around the reservoir are campgrounds, picnic areas, and playgrounds, so we were able to make lots of stops for Jack to get out and play. We kayaked a total of 3 miles in the beautiful 70-degree weather.
| This was my attempt to get a picture of the boys. I was holding the camera upside-down behind my head. |
After we had our fill of kayaking, we headed to Manassas to run some errands (and eat dinner at Pei Wei). On our way home, we found a gorgeous back road along Prince William Forest. I have never seen such lush and green countryside in my life. We happened upon the historic town of Brentsville and got out to look at some historic buildings from the 1800's.
| While Jack was rolling around in the grass, we read a sign that said this spot was were the county gallows were once located. |
| Can you see me and Jack walking along the trail? |
We love Virginia!
2 comments:
Beautiful! But I have to say, when I saw the trail, my first thought was, "Darn, Ty doesn't have his mt bike there!".
I'm super excited to visit!
We have loved following your blog with all of your new adventures. I feel like we have seen all of the fun stuff to do out there.
Post a Comment