Friday, August 1, 2008

McKenna Jean

McKenna has been visiting us from Page for the past week. We are having lots of fun and trying to keep ourselves busy to forget about how stinkin' hot it is!! We have done lots of shopping and swimming.



And Uncle Ty always manages to get a few back rubs out of her...



Our biggest project has been making a quilt that McKenna is going to give her Grandma. I offered to help her and we're quite the team. I cut and pin while McKenna sews and presses. We finished making all the squares in just 3 days! All she needs to do is sew the top together when she gets home.

Day 1:



Day 3:
It's funny how you think you never have any spare time, but somehow a project like this can get itself done in 3 days. I guess it's all about priorities...Anyway, I've had a great time. I guess I need to take on more sewing projects for myself.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hurrah Kenna & Becca! It is beautiful! You both should feel very pleased. Tackling a project together is always more fun. You both did awesome.

Are you ready for a featherweight now Rebecca?

Lindsay Riggs said...

She looks like such a sweet little girl! I bet she's been a good helper!

Nichole Bruce said...

Ty is still hassling any/everyone for back rubs? Nothing changes!!

Elizabeth O. said...

Wow you gals have been very busy. I'm so impressed with your sewing skills, way to go. Your home looks lovely and I can't wait to see it in person some day. Give Jack a squeeze for me. I still remember visiting you guys in the hospital the day (or day after?) he was born. He's grown so much.

Diane said...

McKenna did a great job! I haven't attempted a quilt yet. I'm super impressed. Ty's the same as he's always been. Whenever he'd visit when we were younger, somehow he'd talk Nichole and me into giving him back rubs. What were we thinking!

Andrea said...

Savannah says, "No fair, I want to come for a visit!!"