This was Jack's first camping trip and he really seemed to enjoy it. One of his favorite things was taking tastes of the pine needles and bark. I wonder how much of it he swallowed before I was able to scoop it out... He also loved playing on our air mattress in the tent with his toys. We really enjoyed the cool weather and taking a break from our busy lives. We were planning on staying longer, but the weather took a rather wet turn and we cut it short. We're definitely excited to head back next spring, though.
Snuggling in the tent
Jack's bear hat - too cute!
Cody, JoEllen, Ethan, and Gavin were with us for part of the first day and we had a lot of fun hanging out together. Jack loves playing with his cousins.
This is us trying to make tin foil dinners. The rain got so bad that we had to move under the "porch" on our tent and cook them on the Campchef. We gave up after awhile and threw all the guts in a big fry pan. The potatoes turned out a little crunchy, but when you're starving, anything tastes good. (By the way, those are baked beans on Jack's face...not blood. I just realized that he looks a little rough!)
3 comments:
How did Jack sleep? We've only gone camping with Riley once and she did NOT sleep well. It was sure a long night. But it sounds like you had pretty positive feelings about your camping trip, so he probably slept well :)
Sorry Rebecca, it's in the family. Real camping is away from everything. I'm glad you were able to go. I love the outdoors!
I just read Cody and JoEllen's experience camping. I'm glad yours wasn't quite like theirs.
Post a Comment