Sunday, July 21, 2013

Disneyland

On Thursday night, we told the kids to get their sandals on because we were going to go for a little family drive. We turned on a movie and started heading to California. After an hour or so, they started asking lots of questions and Ty and I tried our best to avoid them. Jack finally asked if we could "pretty please" stay in a hotel that night and we let him think the trip to California was all his idea. When the kids woke up in the hotel room on Friday morning, we told them again that we were going for a little drive. When we saw the the exit for Ball Rd, though, the game was over. Jack yelled out "Hey! That's the exit we took to go to Disneyland when I was four! Are we going to Disneyland?!" We were pretty proud of ourselves that we were able to keep our little trip a secret for that long.


Audrey and Elliot's favorite ride - the Carousel.

Jack loved the Toy Story ride Midway Mania.



Audrey talked Aurora's ear off. One thing she said was, "I'm a princess and this is my Prince Elliot. I scare away all the dragons like this - ROAR!" Suddenly, I noticed a bunch of employees that had been in the back on break coming into the room and watching Audrey. They all laughed hysterically at her and told me to please let her stay there as long as she wanted.




We had a great (and exhausting) 12-hour day in Disneyland and can't wait to go again!

5 comments:

Anna said...

How fun! We want to come next time! What's that ride with Audrey and Ty with their hands up and then the one below it too?

Laura said...

You guys are the best!!

Allison said...

That is so awesome! I love that you kept it a complete surprise!

JoEllen said...

What a fun memory for you guys!

Clark and Liesel said...

How fun!!! You have the cutest kids!