Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Helicopter Ride in Page

My sister Anna is the office manager for Classic Lifeguard in Page, AZ. We were visiting there for the weekend, and she was able to hook us up with a 30-minute helicopter ride. It was by far the craziest/scariest thing I've ever done, but it was so worth it. Ty was in heaven the entire time. Jack was very brave and only screamed once...which is more than I can say for myself. Our pilot was in the military for 17 years and flew helicopters in combat in Croatia, Israel, Iraq, and Afghanistan. I think he was excited to show us some of his combat moves.



This picture looks like Ty is pointing the camera downward, but he's not. This was taken out his side window. We were banked very hard to the left.

Can you see how close to the ground we were? The pilot said we were going about 160 miles an hour at 15 feet off the ground.

Skylight Arch. Right after this picture, the pilot asked me if I like to rappel. I quickly yelled "No!" He replied, "Well, I'm going to take you rappelling right now," and we dove a couple hundred feet down the side of this cliff.

A nice view of Lone Rock.


We flew right through that "V" notch in the rock. Yeah. We could see the people on that houseboat freaking out.

We survived! Thanks Anna!

2 comments:

JoEllen said...

Holy cow....I probably would have peed my pants =) Glad you survived to tell the tale!

Diane said...

So fun! Well, hearing about it. I'm not sure if I'd love the actual experience (not surprised Ty was in heaven). =)