We just had our third weekend with Ty since we moved out here. True to our goal, we crammed as much into our Saturday as possible. We left our apartment at 8am and headed up to the White House for a tour. Jack and I kept looking for Obama, but a picture on the wall was the best we did. :) Ty seemed to be most interested in checking out the weapons on the Secret Service agents and SWAT guys...I wonder why. Unfortunately, cameras were not allowed in, so no pictures.
After the White House, we decided to just start walking and get as much in as possible before we all collapsed.
 |
| The Washington monument is so much larger than a picture does justice. We tried to get tickets to ride the elevator up to the top, but were informed that you need to be to the ticket desk at 9am sharp if you want to go up that day. |
 |
| Jack in the children's section of the Holocaust museum. Ty stayed with him and let me go into the actual exhibit, since he gets to go next Saturday again with the members of his class. I wandered around for over two hours, but could have been there for much longer. I'm sure most of you have heard about it, or maybe even been there yourself, but it is a must-see if you are in DC. |
 |
| Jack enjoying his 12th or 13th elevator ride with Dad...still waiting for Mom... |
 |
| Outside some really cool building that I don't remember now... |
 |
| Penguin-o!!! |
 |
| Don't worry--it's dead. |
 |
| FBI Headquarters |
 |
| ...and just in case any of you were wondering whose child Jack is, check out these two candid shots of the Woods boys. I promise, this was not planned. They even have the same slightly-lazy eye! |
4 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun day. I always knew Jack looked just like his Dad, and the picture is the proof.
Haha that last pic is hilarious!
I love that you're taking full advantage while you're in VA. I love the snuggly picture of you and Jack - so sweet. And seriously hil-ar-ious last pictures of Jack and Ty! Too funny. Thanks for sharing your adventures!
wow, how fun to get to go to all those places!! I love those last two pictures of Ty and Jack, so cute!!!
Post a Comment