Thursday, April 8, 2010

I Love Spring

Spring in Arizona is one of my favorite times of year. We get to wear our shorts and flip-flops, but we don't get scorched every time we step outside. We've really tried to be outside as much as possible while the weather is nice, because our time is limited! Here's some recent pictures of us enjoying being outside:

We got Jack a kite and tried to teach him how to fly it. So fun. Even though his attention span only lasted about 10 minutes, it was definitely worth the $3 spent at Target.



Priceless.

This morning, Jack and I had a picnic lunch at the park. We rode over on my bike and enjoyed having the park to ourselves for an hour. It was one of those mornings for me--you know, the ones that make parenting all worth it. He was in such a good mood and the weather was so beautiful, that life really seemed just perfect.



I love this, too:
Jack is very independent. He wants to do everything by himself, from unlocking the front door to wiping his bum! Sometimes (okay, most of the time) it drives me crazy because it always takes longer and makes a bigger mess than it would have if I did it myself. I decided, though, to give Jack a chore he could do all by himself and really let him do it all by himself: watering the flowers! It takes him about 10 minutes, but it's so cute to watch and I can tell he feels so proud when he's all done.

1 comment:

Simmons Family said...

those are awesome pictures. I am glad you are out there enjoying life and the nice weather! That picture of Jack watering so too cute!!!