Sunday, July 18, 2010

Camping Excursion in Pine

This weekend we headed up to Pine to get away from the 110+ temperatures we've been having. It was actually kind of funny because as soon as we got there it started pouring rain and within 15 minutes we were freezing! I did a horrible job of packing and forgot jackets for both me and Ty. Oops.

We played in the truck at our campsite for about 2 hours until the rain subsided. Just then, Papa arrived and about 10 minutes later, Cody and JoEllen's family arrived.

We had a great time and got to use our camp chef for dinner and breakfast. There's nothing like a warm meal when you're freezing.

Papa and Jack

Jack and Ethan

Ethan, Jack, and Gavin: These three little boys did great at keeping each other entertained. They dug in the dirt, played hide-and-seek, and searched for animal droppings...you know, typical boy activities.

Did I mention I forgot to pack Ty a hat? Oops again. But I redeemed myself by making this totally awesome bandana out of a dish towel.

Fishing at Potato Lake: No fish, though. Just snakes.

Papa relaxing

Cody and JoEllen brought their badminton set, so we had to have a little competition. The consensus was that JoEllen and I are awesome at this game.





We got home to a lovely 92 degree house. Needless to say, we spent the evening in the pool.

4 comments:

JoEllen said...

Love the action shots of the badminton tournament...I say let's do a rematch without the breeze so the boys don't have to make excuses =)

Andrea said...

Tell Ty to pack his own stuff. ;)

Mike Woods said...

Hey, this ole party crasher thanks you for the fun time and hospitality. Next time I will bring twice as many clothes though. Tell me which colors....

Deanne said...

I LOVE Ty's hat. Rebecca "make do with what you got" you take after your Mother!