Monday, June 14, 2010

Marathon Vacation

We just went on a vacation--Ty Woods style. That means you cram more fun stuff into a week and a half than anyone else has ever thought possible. I was a little reluctant to join my husband and son at first, but I finally caved in. We drove a total of 1,762 miles...crazy, I know.

First stop: San Diego. Ty had work to do, but we went out a few days early, so he could join in on the fun. My mom joined us too, which was a lot of fun. We went to the Mormon Battalion museum in Old Town and it was so cool. I've got to be honest with you, I thought it was going to be boring, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was completely redone in January, so if you haven't gone since then, you need to.





What trip is complete without In-N-Out milkshakes?

Jack approved of the Marriott beds.

And of course, we had to make a point to spend several days at Sea World, since we bought year passes back in March. It was even more fun this time for Jack, because he knew what to expect.








Second Stop: Las Vegas. We stayed here one night on our way northward. And when you're in Vegas, you've got to see Bellagio.


Third stop: Panguitch. What's in Panguitch you say? Why, the Panguitch Quilt Walk, of course! My mom-in-law and I got to spend the day with wonderful quilter women and work on some beautiful projects.

This is where the "Ty Woods" aspect of the vacation really came into effect. We drove all the way from San Diego to Utah so we could go--you guessed it--camping. We spent 4 beautiful days at Panguitch Lake with Mike and Lois staying in their awesome trailer.





Ty can't leave home without his baby...






Can you tell by the look on Jack's face that it was freezing?


The End. I think it might be awhile before I even want to drive to the store.

6 comments:

JoEllen said...

Wow...looks like you guys had a ton of fun! Wish we could gave been there...

Diane said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I love the picture of Jack playing - so so cute! How fun to get some time for quilting too. =)

Mike Woods said...

Wow! what a fun time. Wish I could have been there.

Unknown said...

You are such a great quilter!! And those pictures are all so great :)

Simmons Family said...

Wow, what an awesome vacation!! I bet you all are so tired. You guys are such a cute family!!!

Mike and Tia Fam said...

Looks like a blast. The camping looks so nice a cool and relaxing :) You guys are awesome, great pictures too.